Suburban Disposal, a family owned and operated business that provides innovative, reliable, and economical waste disposal and recycling services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the greater Rochester area, is seeking a full time (40 hours per week) Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher.
The successful candidate will be detail and task oriented with excellent phone skills. This individual must be able to work independently with limited supervision. Coordinate the daily activities of the drivers ensuring the efficient scheduling and routing of trucks, including maintaining daily schedules, and responding to emergency calls to meet customer requirements.
This individual must derive great enjoyment from helping others.
The position also requires:
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Experience with light bookkeeping duties, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment – fax, copier, scanner
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Must be highly motivated and self-disciplined
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Computer proficiency including the ability to send/receive email messages, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
• Must demonstrate strong communication, telephone and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to resolve difficult or stressful emergency issues.
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Some analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to handle and resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
The successful candidate will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for all members of our team to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Answer inbound phone calls (75-100 daily) from current and prospective customers
• Initiating outbound calls
• Light bookkeeping duties such as cash receipts entry, AP/AR, customer file maintenance.
• General clerical duties including scanning, faxing and mailing
• Resolve customer and administrative problems and inquiries
• Handle requests for information and data
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
• Provide exceptional customer service in all interactions with prospective and existing customers.
• Dispatch drivers to notify and accurately distribute work orders between drivers and routes throughout the day. Keep track of all drivers and truck locations at all times by use of Fleet Tracking systems.
• Communicate with drivers to resolve customer inquiries for missed pick-ups, misplaced containers and property damage.
• Check in drivers after route is complete then record and document information into the required report.
• Prepare and maintain daily route sheets and board throughout the day and for the next day and adjust when situations arise.
• Answer incoming calls and e-mails from customer service reps and management.
• Perform a variety of general administrative duties as requested to support company objectives including, but not limited to completing required paperwork, filing, etc.
Ability to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner, calculator, and hand held radio.
Computer Software: Microsoft Office to include Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel, reach, and perform repetitive motions with hands and/or wrists.
• Very limited lifting is required.
Work is performed in an office setting where there is no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Suburban Disposal offers:
Health coverage including dental & eye care
Short term disability and paid time off
Free refuse service for your household
22 Turner Dr